Saturday, January 15, 2011

gluten free

This week, I've been babysitting my cousins.  It's been fun!  Well, except for the day that Reed's blood sugar went psycho and they sent her home from school.  That was not a fun phone call to get.  But really, we've had fun.  We played mini-golf, went to see Yogi Bear and Red, and went bowling.  [I won, btw.]
AND they have the new xbox kinect... which is ah-mazing!!  I love it.  I would play it all day if I had the stamina.  haha.  Mostly because I can beat George at one of the games!
Today, our plan is to go to the Pinball Hall of Fame.  And that's going to be great!  I'm really excited to waste away hours of my life playing every pinball machine known to man.  Seriously. 
First, though, we have to wait for Reed's blood sugar to come down.  And while we were doing that, I got hungry.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Reed's allergic to wheat and gluten and whatever else makes bread delicious.  Bummer. 
Needless to say, finding something to eat this morning was a little bit tricky.  I don't really like rice cereal - but that's all they have.  So I compromised!  I mixed in some sugar and some cocoa and you know what?  It was good!!  It looked disgusting, but I gobbled it all up and even thought about making a second bowl.
Now that I've shared that with you, I'm going to go watch cartoons with George.  Bye.

No comments: